Left Bower troubles

Ask questions, discuss and debate your strategies, euchre polls and more
Nobilis

Left Bower troubles

Unread post by Nobilis » Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:14 pm

In my recent card hands when I bid trump holding 3 trump, one of which is the left bower, I get Euchred. What on earth am I doing wrong? I am getting to the point where I just won't bid trump if I have the left bower but not the right. Help!

irishwolf

Unread post by irishwolf » Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:36 am

Nobilis you stated, "when I bid trump holding 3 trump, one of which is the left bower, I get Euchred."

Without giving more information this is quite difficult to answer. If give some examples of hands (what you hold, all five cards), what seat (are you crossing suit), the upcard and how you play these then of course some help can be given. Understand without an off suit ace to have two tricks and will need help from your partner either a high trump (ace or the right) and/or an off suit Ace. That can be a tall order at times!

With what information you have given, the advice would be "In general, YOU MUST LEAD TRUMP AT FIRST OPPORTUNITY. I would lead low but not the left.

IRISHWOLF

irishwolf

Unread post by irishwolf » Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:36 am

My questions to you Nobilis:

1) If leading trump at first opportunity what will your success or Euchre rate be?

2) If you don't lead trump what will your Euchre rate be?

IRISHWOLF

irishwolf

Unread post by irishwolf » Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:34 pm

This post is for you Nobiles, but other too who have posted.

You asked for help and reply is given as a starter. THEN NO RESPONSE by you.

For me, it's disrespectful. Don't post if you are not going to go further. My comment was intended to give you HELP! WTF!

You are not the only one though!

AND THIS IS WHY I QUIT COMMENTING ON OE.

You have wasted my time.

IRISHWOLF

jblowery

Unread post by jblowery » Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:03 pm

Should be able to take 2 yourself with those cards if you don't have an ace and 3 yourself WITH an off suite ace. If I had 2 aces I'd probably go alone.