Do you feel the need to praise your partner for good play

Ask questions, discuss and debate your strategies, euchre polls and more
XaviRonaldo

Do you feel the need to praise your partner for good play

Unread post by XaviRonaldo » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:26 pm

Just made a decent play for an intermediate player that got us 2 points instead of 1 and didn't hear a peep from my partner. I always try and give a nice one when my partner does something not everyone thinks to do. Just thought it'd be nice to get one but oh well.

If you're curious I'll try to remember the exact hand but basically being ordered up by my partner and having 2 trumps left with a crappy offsuit i led the lower trump after we'd drawn the left to give my partner the lead hoping they had an ace so I could discard my loser. It worked and my partner shared my loser suit without the boss so if I hadn't done what I'd done it was a 1 point hand.

Tbolt65

Unread post by Tbolt65 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:22 pm

Usually intermediate players are not really paying attention. Or perhaps your partner just don't care?

When you get two points regardless of the players skill level usually they'll say nice job partner. I don't know in this case. Oh well. But yeah I get what your saying.

Tbolt65
Edward

Wes (aka the legend)

Unread post by Wes (aka the legend) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:09 pm

IRL sometimes I'll see my partner hemming and hawing in a particular spot. If they make the correct decision I will let them know about it and compliment them accordingly. This is especially the case when they make the correct choice but the result goes badly because I don't want them to fall into a results oriented trap.

If I'm playing online with strangers I basically never compliment my partner except if they make somekind of world-class play (then I cant resist). I'm never mean tho. Just polite and silent. I just don't waste needless energy being nice to my P because the probability they will despise me by the end of the game is too high.