Tbolt65's Euchre Opine

Ask questions, discuss and debate your strategies, euchre polls and more
Tbolt65

Tbolt65's Euchre Opine

Unread post by Tbolt65 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:25 am

Just so it be clear to anyone. I am not sure how people are taking what I am saying or have said. I'm may get excited at times and or into analogies but I'm not being intentionally mean or talking to down to anyone. If I seem that way at all. I'm sorry.

With people being passionate about what they feel, see or know. Some may take things the wrong way. If we allow ourselves to remain open and not get offended I think we can all learn a great deal from each other. Now I know some personalities do often conflict in here. For some watching or even participating it may really rub you the wrong way. Just know that the competitiveness runs deep with people here and I think that's a good thing. It's a good motivator and keeps people driven to to excel and get better. I just hope people don't get burnt out or lambasted too much by the various personalities that are here. Some may not realize that they are being abrasive or they may not be intending that.

I believe a lot of good can come out from discourse, playing and the back and forth discussions and arguements and disagreements that may come out of it all. So please for everyone watching and participating don't get discouraged.

Tbolt65
Edward

irishwolf

Unread post by irishwolf » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:27 am

Well said Ed. Ya, I know I am hard. My wife tells me I am hard. Only with discussion do we all get better. But my comments are not intended as a smack down in any way. Just to improve your game. So treat any comments like water rolling off a duck's back. The old ES group that played every Sunday for about 12 years, we would discuss each others play, vigorously. And no one got all p i s s e d off. It was great dialog and I like the dialog. Did it change anyone's play - sometimes, but not always, because style and play is mostly Hard Core, lol. Each and everyone can only change themselves. First by recognizing a need and want to change. But it was still fun. Great group here! Having four good players at the table does not happen often enough. And you all are in that 90 - 95% percentile, IMO.

"I just hope people don't get burnt out or lambasted too much by the various personalities that are here. Some may not realize that they are being abrasive or they may not be intending that."

But let me also say this. If you were on the receiving end of a comment and want to know what, why, etc. Just ask! I am serious about that!

And that includes me, I welcome any feedback that challenges my play or you think wrong - just say so! Go ahead, beat me up! To play well, you have to get in sync with the style (and idiosyncrasies) of your partner. If you don't adjust, things happen that flows counter to good play.

Just some thoughts!
Last edited by irishwolf on Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Richardb02

Unread post by Richardb02 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:20 pm

Great posts Tbolt and IrishWolf. Keep on encouraging the discussions.

I have experienced the receiving end of the comments and “muh feelings are hurt.” Optimistically, that ends in a nano-second. Usually, it takes longer! My FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) then kicks in. I realize that there must be some Euchre-wisdom behind the comment. So I look for the wisdom.

On many occasions, the discussion is beyond my Euchre-pay-grade. I simply move on to next. Next means the next post, next game or the next priority in my life. That has worked well, for me, on this forum. I disappear for a while and reappear at the Next opportunity to post.

Tbolt65

Unread post by Tbolt65 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:06 pm

Other thoughts unrelated to my original post but still in the realms of talking about euchre. Specifically me now. My euchre mind, is starting to be rekindled. My zest and ambition that keeps my euchre awareness and acuity at a pinpoint focus is starting to come back to me. This is a good thing for as my drive and focus return so does the attention to details. With the advent of recent discussions and the friday night Ohio Euchre at Wocg. Plus the high energies upon this earth plane/ dimension. Im starting to find myself again. Im still not at peak euchre mind but I can definitely feel it coming back now as I keep being challenge by thoughts and by playing with and against the people on this forum. Thank you. I know this is a bit of ego driven but its not all ego, just my excitement knowing that I can get back to mentally of what I used to have and the determination and focus that came with it.

Just needed to express myself thanks for forum to do so.

Tbolt65
Edward

Richardb02

Unread post by Richardb02 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:28 pm

LOL. Tbolt being Euchre-born-again on Easter Eve! Just a bit of Christian humor. Happy Easter (Resurrection) Day everyone.

Tbolt65

Unread post by Tbolt65 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:05 pm

Richardb02 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:28 pm
LOL. Tbolt being Euchre-born-again on Easter Eve! Just a bit of Christian humor. Happy Easter (Resurrection) Day everyone.
😇😎 Happy easter , and also with you. Friday euchre was indeed a "good friday". 😉

Tbolt65
Edward

LeftyK

Unread post by LeftyK » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:57 pm

Good for most ---- I went 3/9 (I think) on Friday.......how many did we play 10? then 4/10 or 2/8 I cannot remember how many games we played I know we did not play 12 if so I went 6/12. I'm glad I can contribute to "hand to discuss" but during play, I don't need feedback during live play. Don't like me leading trumps to make my green aces good to stop a march? Watch the magic work. Don't like me false carding? It's all planned. 98% of the cards I lead are for a reason. Did I miss the donate up 6-3 from s1r1 ? yup. don't need the all caps "I TRUSTED YOU"..... trust me as a partner. my worse habits are calling up rights from s2r1 and not calling enough prevents from 1st ( and calling prevents from s3r1). I know my weaknesses..... Edward, I'm glad you have the "juice" back for euchre :) We had a blast afterwards, beating up the folks in Ranch on 3D allstars Euchre (7 of 10)....

irishwolf

Unread post by irishwolf » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:37 pm

WE PLAYED 11!
I won't go further as to who did what.