Difficulty navigating site on iPad

Your thoughts about OhioEuchre. How can we improve? Let us know
Streblerm

Difficulty navigating site on iPad

Unread post by Streblerm » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:21 pm

First let me start by saying thank you for taking the time to put this site together. I have been playing for many years and no single source has improved my game as much as Ohio Euchre. So please take this as a comment, not a complaint.

I really struggle to navigate the site on my iPad which is my preferred method of browsing. Specifically, most the links in the headers don’t work for me. The links in the text all work fine. I can’t seem to view my quiz score either for some reason.

On my end the solution is simple, just fire up the old desktop. I think it still works ;).

Streblerm

Unread post by Streblerm » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:39 pm

Ok, I haven’t tried the header menu on the main page for a while but it seems to be working now. In the past I saw “tabs” like you would see on file folders. These were dead on my iPad. Now, I see a single “Menu” tab that expands when clicked and the links work.

I still can’t view my quiz results though.

Dlan
Site Admin

Unread post by Dlan » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:34 pm

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the site. Back in February, I did a major upgrade to the entire site. That turned into more of a project than I could have ever imagined. It is possible your trouble with the tabs was during the middle of a tried and failed fix

I checked the database that holds all the test results and found no record with your username. When trying the quiz, does the page show that you are logged in?
It should NOT say, “You are currently logged in as a guest” at the top of the page.

I do test any changes on different devices; unfortunately, I do not have an iPad or other Apple devices to use for testing.

Streblerm

Unread post by Streblerm » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:39 pm

I’m pretty sure I was logged in when I tried the quiz. IOS is pretty good at automatically logging in. I am able to answer the questions but clicking “click here to see your score” just doesn’t do anything, same as the tabs at the top of the page.

These are the tabs that don’t work. I tried posting the images but I’m struggling. Might be the hosting site. It’s the first time I used it. Or maybe it’s my html skills. I’m better at euchre :) Let me know if these links work.

https://i.postimg.cc/nLpmHt72/4-A807909-D472-4-C47-B8-F4-49273-DD2-CCC6.jpg

On certain pages instead of seeing the tabs there is a “menu” button that expands when I click on it. That does work. I’m not sure which pages show up with the menu button. If I figure it out i’ll Post a screen shot

I tried the mini quiz about going alone and I got a slightly different result. No score but an error message

https://i.postimg.cc/28JNW4xL/C39-BD79-C-1-ADA-4321-A8-A6-1-CABBF9-B2238.png

Streblerm

Unread post by Streblerm » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:20 pm

The tabs at the top of this particular page do work for me I just noticed. Any page that looks like the first screen shot does not.

Sorry if I’m making more work for you. Like I said before, I really appreciate the site even with a few bugs on my device.

Dlan
Site Admin

Unread post by Dlan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:38 pm

Darn, there is a problem with the lessons quiz. I may have just checked to see if the page loaded and thought I was good to go. WRONG.... cause I get the same error here.

I'll post here when I get it fixed.

Thanks for letting me know,
Dlan

The images do work

Dlan
Site Admin

Unread post by Dlan » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:36 am

The lesson quizzes are working.

Right now i'm not sure what is causing the errors so,
I'm going to change back to the old pages from before I tried to
"Fix things" :)

Streblerm

Unread post by Streblerm » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:09 am

I know it has been a while but I just wanted to say thank you for your efforts. Things are working well with my iPad.

Dlan
Site Admin

Unread post by Dlan » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:30 pm

Thanks, It's nice to hear everything is working correctly