Qusetion regarding 3 trump -2 suited hand

Ask questions, discuss and debate your strategies, euchre polls and more
Suz

Qusetion regarding 3 trump -2 suited hand

Unread post by Suz » Sun May 20, 2018 10:22 am

Is it advisable to call/order a 3 trump, two suited hand from positions other than dealer? In your General Rule #3 on the "When to bid" page, there is nothing indicating a preferred position...but it looks like all the examples on the "Three Trump, Two Suited" pages show this strategy being executed from the dealer position only. My limited experience seems to indicate it's a much stronger play for the dealer. I was wondering about your thoughts on making this play from other positions. Thanks!

Dlan
Site Admin

Unread post by Dlan » Sun May 20, 2018 10:26 am

As you noted, this works best from the dealers position. Why? because you have last play on 1st trick...
Also, Because no-one ordered, odds are the up-suit is evenly distributed.
Could it work from other positions? 1st round with a strong hand, you would order so I have to assume your talking 2nd round.
Here, as a next call, you should be able to make your bid. Beyond that, I think luck would have to be a factor. :?:

Wes (aka the legend)

Unread post by Wes (aka the legend) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:21 pm

The question is too general to answer. Yes as the dealer you should pick up all 2 suited 3 trump hands. But for seat 1, 2, and 3 it really depends on the exact makeup of your hand.

irishwolf

Unread post by irishwolf » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:55 pm

BS Very conservative to absolutely pass. It does depend on the score and who's the opponents - 9 to 9 make. ahead by a bunch,call next. If they are baggers, pass. Why make next - If the opponents had the JC, most likely they would have ordered. You have two tricks. left ace and side ace.

Yes you have the opponent blocked in both red suits. So what - you are not scoring points. You call on a biddable hand with two probable points. COME GET ME!

Irishwolf

jblowery

Unread post by jblowery » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:30 am

For me it depends. If it is Next and I'm in 1st seat I call it. I'll also call it if it is reverse next from 2nd seat. I wouldn't call from 3rd seat unless one of those 3 is the rt. In general.