pogo is closing so where to play?

Ask questions, discuss and debate your strategies, euchre polls and more
cosmictramp

pogo is closing so where to play?

Unread post by cosmictramp » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:59 am

Hi all

I have been playing at Pogo for wayyyy too long and it is now shutting down. Is there anywhere anyone can recommend to play. I love the online vs real peeps stuff :)

Cheers

Cosmic

Dlan
Site Admin

Unread post by Dlan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:59 pm

One place you may want to check is hardwood Euchre. They have been around for at least 10 years that I know of, maybe more. They do have a monthly charge but have one of the best user interphases I have seen. All the screenshots on this site were taken from there.

Unfortunately, it’s getting harder to find players willing to stay for more than 1 or 2 games at a time. The better players are on later at night, say after 10.

https://www.silvercrk.com/euchre/

I think they have a 30-day free trial.

gadavis

Unread post by gadavis » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:01 pm

I don't know what happened to my earlier reply. So, here I go again. My point was and is that it is totally unnecessary to spend money to play euchre online. There are many free euchre apps available on the Microsoft Store for your PC and on the Apple Store for your iPhone. I can recommend Trickster Euchre and Euchre on Facebook for your PC; and Euchre Gold, Euchre 3D, Super Euchre, and others for your iPhone or other Apple devices. I tried Hardwood Euchre and didn't like it. Moreover, it costs money to play.

RedDuke

Unread post by RedDuke » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:40 pm

I've done some playing on PlayOK.com and was usually able to get a game pretty quick.

My usual goto though is one of a few apps that I have on my Amazon tablet (which uses a modified Android OS).

patiencepays

Unread post by patiencepays » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:19 pm

Not well known but a game site that has been around for 11-12 years is www.safeharborgames.net . It is a moderated site with several rooms with a variety of games. eg: hearts, euchre, spades, backgammon, cribbage, and so on. In each game you can chat in the lounge with friends and set up a game. There is a chat area for each table too. Rated rooms, scheduled tournament rooms, social rooms and even league rooms are there. Since the place is regularly patrolled by safeharbor staff for nonsense, nonsense is almost nonexistent. You are given tools to ignore people and block them from your table. There is a small program download you must make when you register to play, but it's completely adware and malware free.

Give www.safeharborgames.net a try. The program is well written and the graphics are great and very very seldom will you come against lag.

If you like all day tournament action try www.nidink.com. Beware though , the game room graphics
are very cluttered.

Playok.com is alright simple site, without any lounge chat. Nice inventory of players there to challenge.

Hope this helps.

Dlan
Site Admin

Unread post by Dlan » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:15 pm

My experience with Nidink.com

On nidink.com, be careful what you choose as a user name. I signed up using ohioeuchre as my nic. I played 2 or 3 games and had no interaction with any other players, other than to play my hand. Later I tried to log-on and found I was blocked. For ha-ha’s I reset my router, changing my IP and set up another account. Nidink let me set up the new name but I could not log-on with it. Later when I tried, I got the same ‘access blocked’ notice. I then post a question on their facebook page asking why. The post was almost immediately deleted. :x