Friday 4-22 Hand #1

Ask questions, discuss and debate your strategies, euchre polls and more
Tbolt65

Friday 4-22 Hand #1

Unread post by Tbolt65 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:04 am

In this hand the partner(dealer) showed maker(seat 2) King of diamonds on a throw off. Normally when you see a fresh throw off it means one of two things generally. Either has the Ace or they are void in diamonds. In this case the dealer has more diamonds and maker leads back diamond and they proceed to get euchre. I think it is wise to show the lowest diamond so not to confuse anyone. It just gives certain information as in they have more diamonds don't lead this way until trump has been pulled. Showing the and Ace of diamonds here would confer that they are covering diamonds. Trying to do that with the king to show they have more diamonds can be a bit deceptive. So I would recommend in this scenario to show lowest diamond so that Seat 2 can play properly.

https://worldofcardgames.com/#!replayer ... %3A1%7D%5D

Tbolt65
Edward

Wes (aka the legend)

Unread post by Wes (aka the legend) » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:41 am

Good point. Throwing the KD off in that spot is definitely a mistake. Since the maker is taking that first trick, if S4 was covering diamonds he would play the AD. Given that S4 played the KD he is effectively telling his P "I am now void in diamonds". Since this message is not true, S4 is now deceiving his P. Never fool your P, only fool the enemy!