OE 030121 G2

Ask questions, discuss and debate your strategies, euchre polls and more
Richardb02

OE 030121 G2

Unread post by Richardb02 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:12 pm

Wes (aka the legend)

Unread post by Wes (aka the legend) » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:11 am

I can't find one mistake. I play all 4 hands the exact same way every street.

Tbolt65

Unread post by Tbolt65 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:41 am

At face value it looks that way. The other play is to trump in and hope for the best. On the sloughing/ throw off trick. The only other possible action is leadind trump when or if maker/dealer gets the lead.

With these other possible plays my 1st alternate play would be the best but with the way the cards are its still a euchre.

With how it was played most would find it acceptable. Its going be a euchred hand no matter what one does. With how it was played.

Tbolt65
Edward

Richardb02

Unread post by Richardb02 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:32 pm

Thank you. I just wanted to confirm that there were no significant mistakes. I rate this hand at 98% expected success. Obviously that still leaves a 1 out of 50 hand probability of getting euchred.

LeftyK

Unread post by LeftyK » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:36 am

Wes (aka the legend) wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:11 am
I don't - I lead left if I'm dealer. right/ace is always going to beat you so might as well get trumps over with and hope your P can catch on at the end (they would).

Wes (aka the legend)

Unread post by Wes (aka the legend) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:46 am

LeftyK wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:36 am
Wes (aka the legend) wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:11 am
I don't - I lead left if I'm dealer. right/ace is always going to beat you so might as well get trumps over with and hope your P can catch on at the end (they would).
At that point the maker's team is up 1-0 in tricks and the maker still has a guarded Left with no off aces to promote. Leading trump in that spot would be a pretty large mistake imo. The maker likely needs his P to get just 1 trick here for his team to score a point. Leading offsuit hoping our P can pick up a trick is the play here.

I don't really care about what woulda happened in this particular hand had the maker followed your proposed strategy (although you're wrong, leading trump doesn't save the maker from a euchre). Anything can happen in 1 hand. What matters to me is what line is best in the long run. And although I have no proof I'd bet a lot of money leading offsuit on 2nd street is the highest EV play when the maker's team is up 1-0 in tricks with a guarded Left (I.E. another likely trick) in his back pocket.

Wes (aka the legend)

Unread post by Wes (aka the legend) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:53 am

Tbolt65 wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:41 am
At face value it looks that way. The other play is to trump in and hope for the best. On the sloughing/ throw off trick. The only other possible action is leadind trump when or if maker/dealer gets the lead.
It's 1-1 in tricks at that point, and the maker has a guarded Left and no boss offsuit to fall back on. The maker likely needs his P's help here. Without a boss offsuit backing him up, the maker needs to play off on the 3rd street garbage heart lead and hope for the best. When you know you need your P to get one trick to likely survive, give him every opportunity to get that trick.

Tbolt65

Unread post by Tbolt65 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:14 pm

Wes I was outlining the other two possible plays for that that hand then of the 2 saying which one I would do. I was merely highlighting other alternative plays. Then chosing which one to do. Thats it.

You need to have your partner take a trick and I agree you have to give them an opportunity to do so. However one can not always keep throwing off in hopes your partner gets there. You will have to sometimes make a judgement when to cut in and to best guesstimate how and where your partner may take a trick. Sometime you will need to get in there sooner rather than later and vice versa.

Tbolt65
Edward
Edit: signage 🙄