OE games 1-4 False Card

Ask questions, discuss and debate your strategies, euchre polls and more
Dlan
Site Admin

OE games 1-4 False Card

Unread post by Dlan » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:47 am

This error is known as false carding.

Correct play by a partner depends on accurate information. While it would not have changed the outcome of this hand, had north not held the right and south had a second trump, it could have.

https://worldofcardgames.com/#!replayer ... %3A1%7D%5D

RedDuke

Unread post by RedDuke » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:54 pm

What's the error?

The only thing I can see here is leading the small trump, but frankly it doesn't matter because all the cards are in a sequence.

Wes (aka the legend)

Unread post by Wes (aka the legend) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:55 pm

RedDuke wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:54 pm
What's the error?

The only thing I can see here is leading the small trump, but frankly it doesn't matter because all the cards are in a sequence.
Given S1's hand configuration ("all the cards are in a sequence"), I'm struggling to come up with an example where it WOULD matter, I.E. where leading the smaller connected trump would lead to a worse outcome than leading the Ace of trump. That said, I would still get in the habit of leading the Ace when our top 2 trump are a connected AK for those times our P could have L+low. Even if it doesn't matter in this particular hand I would say do it for practice. :)

Dlan
Site Admin

Unread post by Dlan » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:55 pm

Ture, In this hand it doesn't affect the outcome. Yet, if you were sitting in east, how would you read what your partner was doing.

I know this may not have been the best example, but it's the concept of giving information that I'm trying to show.

And let's say the queen lead wasn't trump but an off-suit. What then?