OE R1S4 Order or pass

Ask questions, discuss and debate your strategies, euchre polls and more
Richardb02

OE R1S4 Order or pass

Unread post by Richardb02 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:03 pm

Another OE Monday night R1S4 edge hand:

https://worldofcardgames.com/#!replayer ... %3A1%7D%5D

Would you order or pass? How would you play the hand?

Tbolt65

Unread post by Tbolt65 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:51 pm

Down 7 to 1. Im still passing here. No sense in trying to force something here and make it 9 to 1 and that much harder to come back.

Tbolt65
Edward

Wes (aka the legend)

Unread post by Wes (aka the legend) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:46 pm

Richardb02 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:03 pm
Another OE Monday night R1S4 edge hand:

https://worldofcardgames.com/#!replayer ... %3A1%7D%5D

Would you order or pass? How would you play the hand?
What's funny about this new format where you can't see who the players were is after a few days I forget who did what, which means there will come a time where I will be giving myself advice!

I'm calling this. What math we have (from Zalas' book) suggests it's a call in the same EV range as R+1+nothing and QT9+nothing.

The 2nd lead by the maker is a mistake tho. Don't lead the fresh suit KD. After the maker takes the first trick with the Ac he should double lead with the 9C. This line gives you the best chance to get some trump out without leading trump.

jspectre

Unread post by jspectre » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:23 am

I'm going to give this a shot, not sure if that's right, but giving them a (most likely) next call with their deal coming up feels like an almost losing position, while eking out a point with this call could be the start of something. After the first trick I'm leading the 9 of trump, and hoping that the J of clubs is either buried or in my p's hand. This will be the only likely point in the game where I have the opportunity to lead trump, and knocking out 1 trump from each of my opponents is a good move in my book. In a position where I hold no bowers I would prefer to count on my p for an Ace, rather than hope he is void in exactly diamonds, and can then lead back a spade to my void, bonus points if my p held a bower, and knocked out the other, making my Ah boss. With correct play, I believe this line of play does score a point in this position.