The Stupidest Move In Euchre

Ask questions, discuss and debate your strategies, euchre polls and more
RedDuke

The Stupidest Move In Euchre

Unread post by RedDuke » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:51 pm

We all know that blocking can be a great tactic when you are trying to protect your lead. It's not so great when you are behind though... take this hand.

I'm the dealer holding:

(Card_Q-H) (Card_K-H) (Card_J-D) (Card_J-H) (Card_J-C)
Upcard is the (Card_A-H) .

The score is 9-6 in our favor. First seat orders me up.

Granted, this was after a couple beers but I outright fell out of my seat with laughter. Ordering an opponent up when the opponent has a lead and you know that the opponent probably has a better hand?

jblowery

Unread post by jblowery » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:08 am

Never seen that before but I did have a partner the other day that would lead trump back to me after it was already evident from the 1st time it was led that opponents were out if trump. We got euchered twice in one game from him doing that.

LeftyK

Unread post by LeftyK » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:05 pm

time to find a new partner there JB..... :)

RedDuke

Unread post by RedDuke » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:14 am

jblowery wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:08 am
Never seen that before but I did have a partner the other day that would lead trump back to me after it was already evident from the 1st time it was led that opponents were out if trump. We got euchered twice in one game from him doing that.
You see that all the time when dealing with random partners...

XaviRonaldo

Unread post by XaviRonaldo » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:58 pm

jblowery wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:08 am
I'll do that sometimes trying to give back my partner the lead when I don't have aces hoping they have 1. Sometimes you can both have shared off-suit in a suit that neither of you has the ace. But I'll only do it when I know that 3 tricks are assured.

I do this most often when I'm in 1st seat and led the right with 2 more Trump and everyone has shown a Trump. I'll lead an ace 2nd trick then especially if my partner doesn't discard my other off-suit on my ace lead I'll then lead a Trump to give my partner the lead if they have the other Trump knowing I'm safe from a euchre and hopefully my partner has the ace in the other suit.