2-10 weekly games

Ask questions, discuss and debate your strategies, euchre polls and more
Wes (aka the legend)

Re: Weekly games sign-in

Unread post by Wes (aka the legend) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:54 pm

Yep, I totally f***ed that one up.

https://worldofcardgames.com/#!replayer ... %3A1%7D%5D

Last hand of the night, Don goes alone from the 2 spot. I keep the Qs hoping to stop the sweep on the last trick given that Don played the As earlier plus 4 suited loners are rare. Problem is the Js,Ts,9s had already been played!!! So I throw away the Ac, the obvious card to keep that would've saved us. Godamnit, I gave that game away. Honestly tho, after 2 hours on that site my brain was pretty fried. So much easier to play in real life or on the karman games app, but no excuse I just gotta build up my stamina. If Irishwolf plays, that means we'll have 5 players and as long as one of them takes Richard's place at 10pm, we should be able to play around 2 hours every time.

irishwolf

Unread post by irishwolf » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:28 pm

WES
I enjoyed the games and Kristin does great!

No big deal! The AD was the up card and the JH was with the dealer or buried. And not to criticize but a cold sweat came over me when you sloughed the AC as there was nothing for the QS to cover. I had played the 10S to his AS lead on trick 3. So the only spade left was the KS. But he could also have had another heart. Had it not been tied 7 to 7, I would have donated but not to put them at 9. Anyway, this would have up them up 8 to 7 and our deal next.

"Last hand of the night, Don goes alone from the 2 spot. I keep the Qs hoping to stop the sweep on the last trick given that Don played the As earlier plus 4 suited loners are rare. Problem is the Js,Ts,9s had already been played!!! So I throw away the Ac, the obvious card to keep that would've saved us."

Wes (aka the legend)

Unread post by Wes (aka the legend) » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:11 pm

irishwolf wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:28 pm
Anyway, this would have up them up 8 to 7 and our deal next.
Which means according to that chart I lit 40% equity on fire. But who's counting!

http://members.tripod.com/borf_books/euchprob.htm

irishwolf

Unread post by irishwolf » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:46 pm

No one is counting.

Who knows if 40% is actually correct at 7 to 8. But I like my chances, and my deal. Kind of like game 5 last night, my deal and the score is 9 to 7 we are behind. My deal and Eldest donates and now we are at 9 to 9.
Eldest passes on king or spades, clubs is made trump and we win the game!

You never know!

Dlan
Site Admin

Unread post by Dlan » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:50 pm