012720 Game Dlan Loner

Ask questions, discuss and debate your strategies, euchre polls and more
Richardb02

012720 Game Dlan Loner

Unread post by Richardb02 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:00 pm

https://worldofcardgames.com/#!replayer ... %3A1%7D%5D

Note the score. Would you go alone? What do you think about the 4th lead?

Please help me. How do you post the picture of the original hands?

Edit:I have uploaded the image

Richardb02

Unread post by Richardb02 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:01 pm

Richardb02 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:00 pm

Note the score. Would you go alone? What do you think about the 4th lead?

Please help me. How do you post the picture of the original hands? I usually use an iPad.

Wes (aka the legend)

Unread post by Wes (aka the legend) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:23 am

Richardb02 wrote:
Note the score. Would you go alone?
Down 9-7 vs random opponents, yes I go alone and go for the gusto. However, in our game, where I think everyone donates, calling is the best play. I made the same mistake a week ago or so. I went alone down 9-7 or 9-6 with a very weak hand and the instant I did it I realized this is not the game texture to make such a play. I was lucky I didn't go set. That said, even in this game texture I would still go alone with strong hands that can't go set, the kind of hands your P can't help you, just in case, and also to keep S1 on his toes to make sure he keeps donating.
Richardb02 wrote:
What do you think about the 4th lead?
The 4th lead is unequivocally correct. There's still a higher trump out in the wild, and spades has already been led. A spade double lead has a great chance of bringing that higher trump out or walking.

When Don double led the spade, I played off becuz it was still logically possible for my P to have the 9C in her hand, and it's possible she could have the AS altho she shouldn't have that card becuz if she did the correct play for her would've been to double lead that card on the 2nd trick (but you never know). Playing off was our team's only chance at a euchre.
Richardb02 wrote:
Don't know the answer to this one. Hopefully Don helps out here.

Dlan
Site Admin

Unread post by Dlan » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:20 pm

Wes (aka the legend) wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:23 am
Richardb02 wrote:
Note the score. Would you go alone?
Down 9-7 vs random opponents, yes I go alone and go for the gusto. However, in our game, where I think everyone donates, calling is the best play. I made the same mistake a week ago or so. I went alone down 9-7 or 9-6 with a very weak hand and the instant I did it I realized this is not the game texture to make such a play. I was lucky I didn't go set. That said, even in this game texture I would still go alone with strong hands that can't go set, the kind of hands your P can't help you, just in case, and also to keep S1 on his toes to make sure he keeps donating.
Richardb02 wrote:
What do you think about the 4th lead?
The 4th lead is unequivocally correct. There's still a higher trump out in the wild, and spades has already been led. A spade double lead has a great chance of bringing that higher trump out or walking.

When Don double led the spade, I played off becuz it was still logically possible for my P to have the 9C in her hand, and it's possible she could have the AS altho she shouldn't have that card becuz if she did the correct play for her would've been to double lead that card on the 2nd trick (but you never know). Playing off was our team's only chance at a euchre.
Richardb02 wrote:
Don't know the answer to this one. Hopefully Don helps out here.

I have added more info on uploading images on Apple devices in the annoucement above.

I totally agree with Wes's assessment of the hand. At 9 to 7 I had to try. Nothing to lose and a win if successful.

RedDuke

Unread post by RedDuke » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:20 am

What position am I in here? If I'm We-South, then yeah, I'm gonna try this as a loner. If I'm north then no.

If I'm West (I'm guessing that's the position in question) then it's a toss-up. I probably won't try it.

In this particular scenario, it looks like north is the one going alone. No, I won't try it. That's a pretty weak hand.

Wes (aka the legend)

Unread post by Wes (aka the legend) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:31 am

RedDuke wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:20 am
What position am I in here? If I'm We-South, then yeah, I'm gonna try this as a loner. If I'm north then no.

If I'm West (I'm guessing that's the position in question) then it's a toss-up. I probably won't try it.

In this particular scenario, it looks like north is the one going alone. No, I won't try it. That's a pretty weak hand.
Dlan (Dl-East) went alone as the dealer down 9-7 with:

(Card_K-C) (Card_J-C) (Card_10-C) (Card_10-S) (Card_9-S)