I Need a Psychiatrist

Ask questions, discuss and debate your strategies, euchre polls and more
XaviRonaldo

I Need a Psychiatrist

Unread post by XaviRonaldo » Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:35 pm

I just found myself sabotaging a whole game we were ahead 4-2.

Reason was we were defending a loner call up 4-1. On trick 3 I had a decision to make. I'd thrown out my useless (Card_10-D) after turning down (Card_9-D) on trick one and was left with (Card_Q-S) (Card_10-S) and (Card_Q-C) (Card_J-C).

After seeing partner discard (Card_9-C) on trick 2 I decided to throw out a club. On trick 3 my partner discarded the (Card_9-S) . Now I'm not really sure what to do. Did they start with clubs first trick to indicate they had a potential stopper there or were they just getting rid of a useless card. So after no more than 3 seconds of delay I get a "let's go" (euchre 3D rated game). I eventually decided to keep both my spades as a protected suit is more likely to get the stopper and low and behold it was the stopper as maker had a doubleton spades offsuit.

Here's the kicker though. After stopping the loner with the correct decision after being hurried by my so called partner I don't get a "nice one". You can make the effort to try and hurry me but can't take a little bit more effort to congratulate me on saving 3 points. Well I'm sorry but I can't put up with that kind of arrogance.

Tbolt65

Unread post by Tbolt65 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:13 am

3D is toxic and just now I've had a game thrown on purpose because I got set twice and all the other trump was in the same guy that bagged me twice. So, my partner orders everything up to get euchred and when I called, they over trump or not play trump at all so we don't get a point. They ruined the game on purpose because I got set.

Tbolt65
Edward

XaviRonaldo

Unread post by XaviRonaldo » Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:10 pm

Tbolt65 wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:13 am
3D is toxic and just now I've had a game thrown on purpose because I got set twice and all the other trump was in the same guy that bagged me twice. So, my partner orders everything up to get euchred and when I called, they over trump or not play trump at all so we don't get a point. They ruined the game on purpose because I got set.

Tbolt65
Edward
It can be that way. I was in the top 40 list at my best and at that level most games people understood that in reality a euchre only really costs you 1 point and possibly saves 2. Yet you get people throwing games at this level for little reason.

Unfortunately I've dropped significantly and am 500 points below where I used to be and ever since then I can't seem to go any sort of run where I can gain more than 50 points in a week let alone a session. People at this level 2100-2300 don't seem to understand the intricacies of the game.

Just recently we were down 0-2. Being early in the game I made a pretty aggressive call that I might not have made later in the game.

My partner was dealer and I ordered up (Card_Q-D) to them while I was holding (Card_10-D) (Card_9-D) 2 offsuit aces and a low card in 4th suit. My 4th suit was led and fortunately my partner was able to trump it. However holding (Card_A-D) as well they don't lead it and lead into one of my aces and it gets trumped then my other ace gets trumped next trick and euchre happens as my RHO had the right also. If my partner had led Trump we would've won the hand.

It's infuriating when your partner failing to lead Trump gets you euched. I will never however get upset if I would've preferred a non Trump lead and we get euched. Just bloody lead Trump to your partner people.

Catch10110

Unread post by Catch10110 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:28 am

XaviRonaldo wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:35 pm
I just found myself sabotaging a whole game we were ahead 4-2.
XaviRonaldo wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:10 pm
After stopping the loner with the correct decision after being hurried by my so called partner I don't get a "nice one".
XaviRonaldo wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:10 pm
Unfortunately I've dropped significantly and am 500 points below where I used to be and ever since then I can't seem to go any sort of run
Huh. Can't imagine why.