Question on euchre simulation

Ask questions, discuss and debate your strategies, euchre polls and more
Evicker

Question on euchre simulation

Unread post by Evicker » Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:58 pm

Hello, I am new to this forum. I love euchre and especially love math and coding, and so as a personal project as mine I've been trying to code up euchre in Python. However, I hit a real wall when I tried to implement good AI players.

The problem is, is that I want to create as-good-as-possible players as I can, but that would require knowledge of the probabilities of euchre. For example, the first step is deciding when an ai player should make trump. This would require looking down the possible plays and figuring out what the probabilities of winning tricks if trump was to be called, which would probably, require something like the Monte Carlo method.

So, I would like to specifically ask one user, raydog, how they do their simulations, because I can't seem to figure out a way to do it myself. Before making this post, I read through some thread posts and saw that raydog had some java program that is able to simulate euchre games. I'm not asking to just steal your code, I'm asking for conceptually and statistically, how do you run simulations? Because I would like to be able to improve my Python skills and implement it into my code.

raydog

Unread post by raydog » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:19 am

Evicker,
I have just sent you a private message, please have a look.