Annoying Partner

Ask questions, discuss and debate your strategies, euchre polls and more
sdu754

Annoying Partner

Unread post by sdu754 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:30 pm

I was on the page "World of Card Games" and playing in random online rooms. I chose this site because you don't have to download anything and you can save your hands to look back at if you want to. It was also recommended on this site. The players on this site if you use the random online rooms are awful, and I'm talking about the chat feature.

I had a partner that had a pig avatar. I had him in one game and I basically won the game. Almost every point was won on calls that I made. In the next game I get him again and we are up by a lot, and he is constantly complaining about what I am calling. Apparently, he thinks you can't call it without the Right Bower plus two more. He is complaining as I am actively scoring points. He called Left-Ace-King with two offsuit Aces a "junk hand".

We are up 9-4 and he calls Diamonds from the third seat, so I lead my only Diamond (The King) and the guy to the left of me has the Right. I think "At least he knows where it is at". My partner didn't have a single Diamond and scolds me saying I shouldn't lead Trump in that situation. He called from the third seat; a Trump lead is mandatory. I don't say anything. The game is 9-6

Next hand I pick up a Diamond and am two suited with Left-Ace-10. He gets pissed off because he had an all black hand and complains with every card that is played. We get Euchred (The opponent to my Left had the Right-Queen and the opponent to my right had all three offsuit Aces.) I get Euchred as my partner did nothing to help out, he just complained. The game is 9-8

The next hand he orders up Trump alone and leads an offsuit 9 to purposely get Euchred and he leaves the game. You can leave without being given a "loss".

It doesn't bother me that the guy is clueless on how to play Euchre. He made a big deal that he has been playing on this site since 2014, but that means little when he is afraid to call anything that isn't at minimum a borderline loner. What bothers me is that he lost purposely because I am supposed to know what is in his hand.

Richardb02

Unread post by Richardb02 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:34 pm

You can unfriend this character on World of Card Games. It is as simple as clicking an icon next to his name and "unfriending" him. You won't see the game when he is playing, and he won't see yours.

I unfriended a character with the same pig avatar. Probably the same clown.

I accidently "unfriended" Wes when we had ohioeuchre games. Sorry again Wes! Fortunately, we figured out the problem and was able to change the "unfriend" to "friend."

raydog

Unread post by raydog » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:39 am

You showed great restraint, sdu754! I'd like to see Irish have this guy (or girl) as a partner...

Just have to let it go. And of course unfriend them. And perhaps also feel sorry for them: if that's how they treat people in a euchre game, how about in life? Do they have any friends?

sdu754

Unread post by sdu754 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:09 pm

I try to ignore online idiots, but it makes me mad when someone loses for no reason whatsoever. Even if I passed, the person in the first seat would likely call something anyway.