12-13-21 OE Monday - Order partner

Ask questions, discuss and debate your strategies, euchre polls and more
Dlan
Site Admin

12-13-21 OE Monday - Order partner

Unread post by Dlan » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:19 pm

raydog

Unread post by raydog » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:33 pm

I find a pass by S2 is slightly better than calling S as trump, R1, but it's close, so I can't have great confidence.

As for 3rd trick lead by S4, JS followed by AH would be two sure tricks, with an almost 50% chance of a sweep with the KD on the last trick. I guess they were thinking partner had the missing K of trump since they called Spades. I guess it's a matter of knowing your partner and what kind of hand they would call with.

Two possible cards stopping a sweep in this hand: KS and AD. Which is more likely to be sitting with the opponents?

Wes (aka the legend)

Unread post by Wes (aka the legend) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:56 pm

raydog wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:33 pm
I find a pass by S2 is slightly better than calling S as trump, R1, but it's close, so I can't have great confidence.
What your finding suggests is that if your P is an amateur who passes biddable hands and doesn't go alone often enough--probably at least 95% of the euchre population--S2's hand is a call with the exception probably of those times S2s team is trailing by a lot. Then even with am amateur P it may be best to hunt for that loner and pass hoping get lucky.

This implied finding certainly comports with my experience as I have concluded this is a call with an amateur p long ago.