Do as I say, not....

Ask questions, discuss and debate your strategies, euchre polls and more
Dlan
Site Admin

Do as I say, not....

Unread post by Dlan » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:36 am

A wise man once said it's not enough to give good advice, you have to follow it as well.

https://ohioeuchre.com/E_DuckingATrick.php
==============================================================

https://worldofcardgames.com/#!replayer ... %3A1%7D%5D

LeftyK

Unread post by LeftyK » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:14 pm

yeah s3 advice is 'hit high lead low' no matter who led or called, esp on 2nd round action. every chair had a callable hand in my eyes, with only 0-2 on the scoreboard.

irishwolf

Unread post by irishwolf » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:39 pm

Play is so bad by numerous, hard to comment on!

Richardb02

Unread post by Richardb02 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:43 pm

As I analyze this hand,I see things differently:
R1S1-R1S4 passing is in order.

R2S1 passes a good order in hearts, but they have a euchre hand in red. So, passing and playing for 2 seems reasonable. Spades (Next) is weak but the Ah provides significant protection from a Next Loner.

R2S2 passing is the most questionable play. 3 trump in Green, a Green Singleton Ace and a void is a +EVo.

R2S3 pass is appropriate. R2S4 ordering in Reverse is a good order, IMO.

Street 1 the As lead is appropriate and all plays are forced.

Street 2 the Qc lead makes sense, play the 2nd green suit. But, I like the Singleton “Black” Ah lead, in this situation. The Singleton A either walks or draws a trump.

Street 3 S3’s 9d is debatable. Playing the R makes sense seeing all the cards. I don’t know if it is all that obvious, in the game situation. That is above my “play-grade.” Please advise.

Street 4’s play of the L is debatable. A sweep has been stopped. Why not play low? S1 needs P to take a trick or hope that their Qd is boss.

My conclusion is the only non-defensible play is R2S2’s pass. The other plays are debatable or there are important card-playing strategies, that deserve additional explanations.

Dlan
Site Admin

Unread post by Dlan » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:51 pm

Richardb02 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:43 pm

Street 4’s play of the L is debatable. A sweep has been stopped. Why not play low? S1 needs P to take a trick or hope that their Qd is boss.

Yep, all that plus:

In a hand where you hold the left and the maker doesn't play the right while having the opportunity to do so, there is a strong chance your partner has that other bar.

:oops: :oops: