Misclick or a good order?

Ask questions, discuss and debate your strategies, euchre polls and more
Richardb02

Misclick or a good order?

Unread post by Richardb02 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:07 pm

Looks very weak to me. What do you think?

https://worldofcardgames.com/#!replayer ... %3A1%7D%5D

jspectre

Unread post by jspectre » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:04 am

Is this the right clip? It just gets passed around until the dealer is forced to call hearts.

Richardb02

Unread post by Richardb02 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:47 am

Yes, it is the right game. Your spot on observation and comment pointed me in the right direction.

This was an OE Monday night game. It has been set for standard Euchre, no STD (Stick the Dealer), from its conception. After jspectre’s post I checked the table settings. It was STD Yes. I checked the settings. (Anyone who has played the table can change the settings). It was set to STD “Either.” Either was interpreted by WoCG as STD Yes. I changed the setting to STD No. That probably explains a few other questionable R2S4 orders. We have become so used to STD that we expect STD. None of us caught it, until today. It is now set to STD No, we are back to standard Euchre on the OE table. An interesting piece of information, Maria, the programmer/owner of WoCG, tested and found that STD only impacts 6% of hands! That’s all hands on WoCG, not just OE hands. OE players are aggressive enough that 6% is probably higher than non-OE games. So it is easy to see how STD Yes was in force.

RedDuke

Unread post by RedDuke » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:23 pm

That was definitely very weak considering that STD was in force.

Honestly, east had a passable diamonds hand. It was definitely marginal since all he had that could beat the queen is the left but with him being two suited and having the lead, it was probably worth it. He has nothing that can stop an S2R2 reverse next loner in spades and his hand in clubs is a whole lot weaker in that scenario than his hand in diamonds.