OE Friday night hand of the night

Ask questions, discuss and debate your strategies, euchre polls and more
LeftyK

OE Friday night hand of the night

Unread post by LeftyK » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:43 pm

behind the entire game is the dealer's team......2nd chair is two suited with guarded left.

should second Call it up or let your P try to lone it for the game? Previously, same dealer went alone with no jax and only made a point.

Fresh off the scene......

https://worldofcardgames.com/#!replayer ... %3A1%7D%5D

jspectre

Unread post by jspectre » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:11 am

I just wouldn't order the right on just left+1 and no ace, I call this with random players, but that's it.

Wes (aka the legend)

Unread post by Wes (aka the legend) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:32 am

S1 should donate. S2 should pass, S3 should pass and S4 should call--passing biddable hands is not a winning strategy.

Wes (aka the legend)

Unread post by Wes (aka the legend) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:59 am

Also. Good Next call by S1. Can't pass up 8-6 when you don't block reverse next.

irishwolf

Unread post by irishwolf » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:07 am

Issue is Dealer turns down the JC when he had 10C. The reason S2 passes is so the Dealer can go alone on weak loner. Dealer really has nothing in Next!

So you see the results of turning down the Bower. And lost the game as well.

TURN DOWN A BOWER, LOSE FOR A HOUR! Learn the f ****king Game!

IRISHWOLF

irishwolf

Unread post by irishwolf » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:15 am

Okay, let's discuss a little further:

You make no sense at all Lefty! This website has REPEADEDLY stated, R + 1 you have two tricks. So why are you turning down a Bower (JC)! Look at your cards, what do you in Next? What do you have in Green, not better than what you have in Clubs?

From S2 point of view, 4 unknown trumps, the dealer will have one trump 47%, 2 trumps 25% and it only takes a double Ace and you have a Loner attempted. . . One trump + 2 aces is an attempt, and even 1 trump and a triplet. Oh MY

And your statement about going alone without a bower (and both opponents had a bower in your attempt) has nothing to do with the Hand in question. What do you think are your success rate of a loner vs the JC up and a partner who passes from S2?

Left said, "behind the entire game is the dealer's team......2nd chair is two suited with guarded left.

should second Call it up or let your P try to lone it for the game? Previously, same dealer went alone with no jax and only made a point."

IRISHWOLF

LeftyK

Unread post by LeftyK » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:26 pm

- Even my brother said "irish is a moron for not calling you up" YOUR hand was TWO-SUITED with left-king of trumps. ...you and your hero weak loner chitt can go on....... and we weren't going to win anyways because I'm pretty sure they marched on the next hand. And I'm not the one that left sulking (sounded like you were going to play all night long) and left the rest of us to quit early. Just don't sit across from me anymore...... you blew the call, plain and simple. If I was in that seat, I would have called you up !!

jspectre

Unread post by jspectre » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:56 pm

LeftyK wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:26 pm
- Even my brother said "irish is a moron for not calling you up" YOUR hand was TWO-SUITED with left-king of trumps. ...you and your hero weak loner chitt can go on....... and we weren't going to win anyways because I'm pretty sure they marched on the next hand. And I'm not the one that left sulking (sounded like you were going to play all night long) and left the rest of us to quit early. Just don't sit across from me anymore...... you blew the call, plain and simple. If I was in that seat, I would have called you up !!
This simply isn't a blown call at this score, there's a very good chance you could take a loner here, and if you do have at least one small trump you should be picking this up, except you passed a playable hand when you blocked nothing in next. There's a slight risk that you turn down the bower because you have no trump here, and you could have made a point if S2 orders, but at 8-6 that's a risk I would be willing to take. The dealer's pass here feels like a much bigger mistake than any alleged mistake on S2's part.
Last edited by jspectre on Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tbolt65

Unread post by Tbolt65 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:41 pm

The responsibility squarely lies on the dealer. They can not pass a right +1 at all. Especially at this score. Good partners are going to allow you to pick up and possibly go alone. Not just at 6 to 8 but almost every score except close out scores of 9 to x or at 8 to 8 or 8 to 9. The only other time seat 2 orders at a 6 to 8 score is if and only if their partner is weak at calling and passes bidable hands.

Edit: A pass here is only justified if you are protected in the next suit and possible euchre hand. That's not the case here though.

Tbolt65
Edward
Last edited by Tbolt65 on Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

irishwolf

Unread post by irishwolf » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:07 pm

Looks like only your brother is going to agree with you Lefty! You should ask expert players, not amateurs. When you are at S2 and behind in score, YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH and Pass. Try it sometime, it works like a charm.

And to your comment "lose anyway". You have to stay positive about winning. Things happen! To this hand, you order the JC, now the score is 7 to 8. How many games have you won or lost when only one point behind!

I asked you question on statistical facts and you go blank! All that is needed is FACTS, FACTS, FACTS! Turn down a Bower, Lose for a HOUR!

Lefty said, "- Even my brother said "irish is a moron for not calling you up" YOUR hand was TWO-SUITED with left-king of trumps. ...you and your hero weak loner chitt can go on...."

IRISHWOLF

irishwolf

Unread post by irishwolf » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:43 pm

Seriously Lefty, you can prove to yourself the best decision for 1) Making a point by Ordering the JC; 2) Loners with S2 passing; 3) Cost of turning down the JC.

You don't need me, or your brother either OR ANYONE. Obviously he (YOUR BROTHER) does not know! That is Fact.

How do you do it? To # 1 is give yourself the hand with the JC up. Now deal out 18 cards, unknown to the 3 players and the stock. Now play those hands and see the points you score vs turning down the JC.

Part 2 tho is what is interesting as well. Now give S2 the hand he had and deal out 18 cards to the Dealer and the 2 other players. See how many Loners, Sweeps and Euchres you get! Then turn down that JC and see the results you get? you can also put to statistical significance test.

Guess what Lefty? I have already done the Statistical testing on similar hands! Ha ha!

JUST FACTS LEFTY!

IRISHWOLF

Wes (aka the legend)

Unread post by Wes (aka the legend) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:37 am

I have seen a lot of bad arguments on the internet in my storied life but I must say the "even my brother" argument takes the cake.