ASSISTING WHEN DOWN 6 TO 9

Ask questions, discuss and debate your strategies, euchre polls and more
irishwolf

ASSISTING WHEN DOWN 6 TO 9

Unread post by irishwolf » Sat May 29, 2021 2:19 pm

When you need a HAIL MARY, do you assist when down 6 to 9 with a strong partner?

Game 1, hand 12 - yes a sweep but you LOST the game!

We have been down this road before!

IRISHWOLF

Wes (aka the legend)

Unread post by Wes (aka the legend) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:24 am

irishwolf wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 2:19 pm
When you need a HAIL MARY, do you assist when down 6 to 9 with a strong partner?

Game 1, hand 12 - yes a sweep but you LOST the game!

We have been down this road before!

IRISHWOLF

https://worldofcardgames.com/#!replayer ... %3A1%7D%5D

S2's play is standard in a tough game imo. In a tough game where S1 donates there's no point in S2 passing biddable hands in hopes for a S4 loner. I'm shocked that this sequence even happened. What are the odds that S1 is unguarded down 9-6. Everyone donates in our game. It sux that S1's bad play gets bailed out here. Although I shouldn't necessarily say S1's play is bad. It could very easily be the case that a more judicious donating strategy beats out an auto-donate if unguarded strategy down 9-6. Who knows. In a weak game when S1 does not donate, I could get behind passing this, especially any biddable 2 trump hand. But in our game, S2 has to call that. Again, bad luck sequence here.

Tbolt65

Unread post by Tbolt65 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:00 pm

Hold the phone everyone. Seat 1 donates here. Seat 2 does not assist. Like it is proposed from the opening/original post.

I am the one donating in Seat 1 here. I remember this because I had two aces however one being A-K-Q of clubs Now if I was A-Xclub I probably would have let it slide there and passed. Plus, I had Wes echoing in the back of my head saying "Even at 9-6 or 9-7 with two aces I am donating because you just gotta be sure". I normally let this go but with the three clubs to the Ace I figured I only had 1 effective Ace in the Ace of diamond. Plus playing against people who will go alone at scores to close out the game in a tough game. These three combined factors lead me to my decision. So I donated from Seat 1.

Tbolt65
Edward
Last edited by Tbolt65 on Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wes (aka the legend)

Unread post by Wes (aka the legend) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:28 pm

Tbolt65 wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:00 pm
Hold the phone everyone. Seat 1 donates here. Seat 2 does not assist.
Lol that's funny. I didn't even realize S1 actually DID donate. Not sure why I never played the video. Just assumed the reason why this thread existed was cause it got to S2 and he called.