Monday Night Euchre Hand #1

Ask questions, discuss and debate your strategies, euchre polls and more
Tbolt65

Monday Night Euchre Hand #1

Unread post by Tbolt65 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:52 pm

Lefty requested I posted these two hands that I had and second one will be following.

My thoughts on this hand by the way. Being down 6-9 in seat 3 you absolutely have to bag here. Two points is so huge here, and it will be your deal if you euchre. It will be 8-9, your deal. it makes no sense to order here. Plus there are rare opportunities that if I do pass as dealer(I'm not btw in this hand), but if I do pass. Seat 1 will sometimes have a game winning loner possibility. So much upside. Also with the type of player IrishWolf is. There is no way on this Earth he is passing at 6-9, Round 2. Absolutely No way. So with all that being considered, Trust your partner(Looks at Wes aka the legends /wave) to call something or to help you out on a Euchre possibility.

https://worldofcardgames.com/#!replayer ... %3A1%7D%5D

Tbolt65
Edward

P.S. Wes I'm going to keep hammering it home until you understand what I'm getting at.

irishwolf

Unread post by irishwolf » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:16 am

Could not be said better, exactly my sentiments. And that order hand is only rated at 2.25 to 2.5 tricks. You must have 3 sure tricks when ordering the dealer.
And I can bag on hearts and diamonds (or call hearts), and seat 3 has clubs covered.

Ed said, "My thoughts on this hand by the way. Being down 6-9 in seat 3 you absolutely have to bag here. Two points is so huge here, and it will be your deal if you euchre. It will be 8-9, your deal. it makes no sense to order here. Plus there are rare opportunities that if I do pass as dealer(I'm not btw in this hand), but if I do pass. Seat 1 will sometimes have a game winning loner possibility. So much upside. Also with the type of player IrishWolf is. There is no way on this Earth he is passing at 6-9, Round 2. Absolutely No way. So with all that being considered, Trust your partner(Looks at Wes aka the legends /wave) to call something or to help you out on a Euchre possibility."

Wes (aka the legend)

Unread post by Wes (aka the legend) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:59 am

Tbolt65 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:52 pm
Trust your partner(Looks at Wes aka the legends /wave) to call something or to help you out on a Euchre possibility.

Tbolt65
Edward

P.S. Wes I'm going to keep hammering it home until you understand what I'm getting at.
Not sure what you're saying here. You know I would never make that call. Even with an amateur in S1 I would not make that call in this spot. The only exception is if I'm in a close out spot with an amateur I cannot trust in the 2nd rd. Say my team is up 9-X where X = 7 or less. It's probably worth biting the bullet and making a -EV call hoping to get lucky. Another score of interest is at 9-9 with an amateur P who will pass in the 2nd rd if the action gets to him. Talk about a "f**k you" spot!

Tbolt65

Unread post by Tbolt65 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:41 am

I not speaking or referencing the hand, just the idea.

Tbolt65
Edward

LeftyK

Unread post by LeftyK » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:16 pm

well, I must say, I should have passed. But watching it replay, I should also have not lead trumps there at all. So I double goofed it. called wrong/played wrong. but it's a point if I play it correctly. Now, if Tbolt passes there (he says no) I would love to hear was Irish was going to call. Because if it's next it has a chance. I don't see reverse making it.

irishwolf

Unread post by irishwolf » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:47 pm

Just further illustrates how you play, constantly. Is this not think ahead or having a strategy. But My point is this is HARD WIRED and serious doubt you will even attempt to Change. It will take a massive undertaking to correct your issues. I am sure you will deny that too, and that is at the root. You have to be open minded to receive feedback and not be defensive and in denial. I mean that at as constructive criticism. I KNOW you think I am beating up on your, well maybe some because you P I S S E D me off with B.S. So I will apologize in advance for that. I am not perfect, don't think I am. But you have a long ways to go to achieve elite status in Euchre. Don't over rate your status.

However, just some feedback, you have left a trail of that (denial and defensiveness). From the time of playing that Ace to your A/K signaling at the inappropriate time to the Discarding. Both continue as two examples. And with this I shall be mute as to how you Play.

~Irishwolf

SERIOUSLY!

LeftyK

Unread post by LeftyK » Mon May 03, 2021 10:59 pm

Irish:

I will take your feedback and work it into my game... thanks for the feedback.

irishwolf

Unread post by irishwolf » Tue May 04, 2021 12:32 am

Not a problem Lefty! If I can help you in any way, I will. It's just a game!

Good luck in your tournament.