Friday 4-22 Hand #2

Ask questions, discuss and debate your strategies, euchre polls and more
Tbolt65

Friday 4-22 Hand #2

Unread post by Tbolt65 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:12 am

In this hand, Seat 2 has both black jacks and red protected. I like to say don't bag your partner from Seat 2 with both bauers. I would recommend doing the same here and order up. I know the motive probably here was hoping partner going alone in black, but have stoppers if they pass. I say order up, get your point, and/or try for two. Don't want to let opponents make and get a chance to have point made where if you ordered you'd have a point.

https://worldofcardgames.com/#!replayer ... %3A1%7D%5D

Tbolt65
Edward

Wes (aka the legend)

Unread post by Wes (aka the legend) » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:46 am

Tbolt65 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:12 am
In this hand, Seat 2 has both black jacks and red protected. I like to say don't bag your partner from Seat 2 with both bauers. I would recommend doing the same here and order up. I know the motive probably here was hoping partner going alone in black, but have stoppers if they pass. I say order up, get your point, and/or try for two. Don't want to let opponents make and get a chance to have point made where if you ordered you'd have a point.

Tbolt65
Edward
We generally shouldn't say who is where, but I am gonna violate that principle and say I was in S1. The reason I say that is, while I generally believe S2 should order with that hand, that pass could easily be correct with me in S1. We definitely have to remain open-minded on this one. This would be a fun hand to test.

irishwolf

Unread post by irishwolf » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:22 pm

I agree with Ed, nuts to play a bagging game. S1 crosses suit, calls hearts and very get a point if you lead the small heart. To play the bagging game you have to be EXTREMELY CONFIDENT, next would be called. Just to Block because you can gives me heartburn. Very lucky dealer had strong enough to call clubs. Okay, I know, we all play differently?

Irishwolf

Tbolt65 wrote: ↑
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:12 am

Tbolt65
Edward

Wes says, "{I generally shouldn't say who is where, but I am gonna violate that principle and say I was in S1. The reason I say that is, while I generally believe S2 should order with that hand, that pass could easily be correct with me in S1. We definitely have to remain open-minded on this one. This would be a fun hand to test."