Weekly games 06/29 Hand #1

Ask questions, discuss and debate your strategies, euchre polls and more
Dlan
Site Admin

Weekly games 06/29 Hand #1

Unread post by Dlan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:42 am

Richardb02

Unread post by Richardb02 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:44 pm

My trump lead on the 4th trick broke the general rule and this time cost us a point. It may have even costed us the game.

I decided not to use the general rule for reasons. They still looked reasonable after seeing this post. 5 trump had been played so I had number 6. My Jd was boss. My calculation at the table was play the trump and if Opponents had it, so be it. I didn’t even consider Partner having the boss trump.

LOL. I started to analyze the hand and concluded I had a 2/3rd probability of taking 5 tricks as played (by leading trump). I then had a 1/3rd probability of Partner trumping my off suit lead and an 11% probability for a 44% probability of taking 5 tricks. I was convinced that my approach was correct. RFLO. Then it dawned on me. My Jd was boss if I lead it on the 4th lead, unless Opponents had the boss trump. All my trump lead accomplished was to waste Partner’s trump and cost us the 5th trick and a point. Ughhh!

Lesson: don’t go against the general guidelines until you have near certainty that you are correct.