3-27 IMPROMPTU SHOULDA COULDA

Ask questions, discuss and debate your strategies, euchre polls and more
irishwolf

3-27 IMPROMPTU SHOULDA COULDA

Unread post by irishwolf » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:55 pm

This hand we should have euchred the maker but did not. S2 ASSISTS, KC is the upcard:

KS UPCARD S2 ASSISTS. 9:11 With two aces I like to lead trump when S2 assists. Then in this hand you lead the AD to the 2nd trick, not the AS as you get to push Diamonds twice. As it was, AS was led to the first trick forcing the JC to fall to trick two. As it was three aces and only one took a trick and S2 9C and 10C took two tricks.

Shoulda Coulda for a euchre:

S1 JC AD 9D TD AS
S2 9C TC KH QH JH
S3 QC QD AH AC KS
S4 KC JD JS KD 9S

Wes (aka the legend)

Unread post by Wes (aka the legend) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:23 am

irishwolf wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:55 pm
This hand we should have euchred the maker but did not. S2 ASSISTS, KC is the upcard:

KS UPCARD S2 ASSISTS. 9:11 With two aces I like to lead trump when S2 assists. Then in this hand you lead the AD to the 2nd trick, not the AS as you get to push Diamonds twice. As it was, AS was led to the first trick forcing the JC to fall to trick two. As it was three aces and only one took a trick and S2 9C and 10C took two tricks.

Shoulda Coulda for a euchre:

S1 JC AD 9D TD AS
S2 9C TC KH QH JH
S3 QC QD AH AC KS
S4 KC JD JS KD 9S
I agree. On a S2 order, S1 leading trump with 2 off aces is a must. S2's greatest ally is he knows his P is guaranteed to have a trump and a void. S1 has the power to attack that luxury by forcing two enemy trump out in one lead. If the dealer only has 1 trump S2 can be in big trouble. And even when the dealer has more than 1 trump, S1's trump lead can still hurt the dealers ability to help enough to get a euchre like in this hand.