Impromptu games 3-27 - Giving info to your partner 2

Ask questions, discuss and debate your strategies, euchre polls and more
Dlan
Site Admin

Impromptu games 3-27 - Giving info to your partner 2

Unread post by Dlan » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:57 pm

Wes (aka the legend)

Unread post by Wes (aka the legend) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:30 am

If you're wondering why the dealer (Edward) didn't show me the Left when he led trump to me, I would say that Edward was making a good read based play. Ed knows that when I order up from the 2 seat up 9-3--a close out situation--that my range will be at it's weakest point in that spot. I could easily just have the Right. The chances of this being the case goes up even more so given that Edward has 3 trump himself.

I've also seen Irishwolf hold back the Left as my P in similar spots, leading another trump to me, and I assume it's for the same reason, which I agree with.

Edit: Just realized Edward led the 9H (the upcard) which is wrong. He should've sent the TH to at least let me know he still has another trump.

irishwolf

Unread post by irishwolf » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:38 am

Yes, I agree lead the 10H not the 9H.

"Just realized Edward led the 9H (the upcard) which is wrong. He should've sent the TH to at least let me know he still has another trump."

No need to lead the Left by S4 at this point to avoid Right being played as you only need one point. After the 9H lead, S1 has no trump. Stay behind S3 to over trump.

Just to note, playing the AH first is of little value to S1. It could be the only trump S3 has. If S3 has three trumps, S1 probably has none anyway when S2 assists. If only you can trump in and lead trump to cause havoc.

WES, I had three MC playing and two were with you back to back. Just want you to know on that Jack up it was a MC not a Donate. I don't donate from 3rd when you are my partner.
Also, that last hand in the game 9 to 9, I was the dealer, was pretty KOOL and well played.

~Irishwolf

Wes (aka the legend)

Unread post by Wes (aka the legend) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:35 pm

irishwolf wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:38 am
WES, I had three MC playing and two were with you back to back. Just want you to know on that Jack up it was a MC not a Donate. I don't donate from 3rd when you are my partner.
I'll admit I went on tilt cuz I thought you were breaking that sacred unwritten social contract by donating in third :) Nothing wrong with misclicking. I worry about doing that all the time. It's part of the reason my brain wears down after playing on that site for about 1 hour.

irishwolf wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:38 am
Also, that last hand in the game 9 to 9, I was the dealer, was pretty KOOL and well played.

~Irishwolf
I can't remember that hand. I do remember the last hand of the night when you were the dealer and we were up 9-7. Talk about TOO EASY!

https://worldofcardgames.com/#!replayer ... %3A1%7D%5D