Weekly games 3-23 #1

Ask questions, discuss and debate your strategies, euchre polls and more
Dlan
Site Admin

Weekly games 3-23 #1

Unread post by Dlan » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:20 pm

s1 sloughed second trick. Would you have done the same?

https://worldofcardgames.com/#!replayer ... %3A1%7D%5D

Wes (aka the legend)

Unread post by Wes (aka the legend) » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:28 pm

My thinking behind throwing off: When the dealer trumps in with the Right on the first lead, and sends a garbage card I know a couple things. The dealer called with just both bowers so he has one bower left and the dealer has no aces. With this knowledge I can basically treat my KsQs as one trick almost like a guarded left, since it's unlikely I will lose both those cards should I play off. Ok, well if my team is gonna get the euchre, I still need my P to help out. When the dealer leads a garbage 9D this is the perfect time to hope my P can take that trick as it's basically 50-50 between S2 and my P having the boss diamond.

An alternative line would be for me to trump the 9D, and then send trump knowing I have a chance to completely clean out the enemy in trump since I know the dealer only has 1 trump left and S2 may have only 1 trump or zero trump also. And after that point, just hope to get lucky, hoping the enemy leads a club or leads into a suit my P can pick up.

IMO, those are the 2 best lines to choose from, and I am not sure which one is best.

irishwolf

Unread post by irishwolf » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:52 pm

The real question is should the dealer even have trumped the first trick?