OHIO WEEKLY 3/16 next call

Ask questions, discuss and debate your strategies, euchre polls and more
Dlan
Site Admin

OHIO WEEKLY 3/16 next call

Unread post by Dlan » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:49 pm

Being down by 6 points, Our team didn't have much to lose by calling. Still, it's nice when a call works.

https://worldofcardgames.com/#!replayer ... %3A1%7D%5D

Wes (aka the legend)

Unread post by Wes (aka the legend) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:57 pm

I think it's a great call, but mathematically I'm not convinced that calling Next with this holding is better than jumping the fence in black. This is one of those infinite spots I wish I could simulate. I think it's close. If someone wants to call black with this holding I wouldn't put up a fight about it (when I play with randoms I'm just happy when people call something/anything in this spot). However I will say that this Next call is more likely to be the best play in our game texture, where players are playing tight from 3rd, and when the dealer is not passing biddable hands. That's why I would call next with your hand too.

irishwolf

Unread post by irishwolf » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:03 pm

Now that call is not normally in your DNA! That was the proper and great call. And this is why Eldest can, depending on the situation call Next with one or no trump. Reason is if either opponent had the Right they would have ordered Diamonds. So if eldest does not have it, must be buried or with his partner!

NEXT - YOU HAVE A PARTNER!

~Irishwolf