progressive tournament for 36-40

Ask questions, discuss and debate your strategies, euchre polls and more
bellamy0707

progressive tournament for 36-40

Unread post by bellamy0707 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:06 pm

Hey everyone,
I'm new to this site, so please excuse me if this isn't the proper use of forum. I am hosting a tournament with friends and family. In years past I have manually created a progressive schedule for as many as 32 players. It takes a while to do, and isn't perfect, but has worked well before.
This year it looks like we will have either 36 or 40 players. I wondered if anyone here knew of a schedule generator for 36 or 40 players that doesn't duplicate partners, and ideally mixes up opponents as well.
We will play 10 rounds. If anyone can point me in the right direction, or has a schedule that they have used that worked well, I'd love some advice
Thanks!
Jesse

bellamy0707

Unread post by bellamy0707 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:25 pm

I found a website called cardstourney.com that looked like it was perfect, input 40 player names and it spits out a schedule for each player, but when I started to write out a master schedule I noticed that players were often showing up at different tables with different partners during the same round. So unless I am doing something wrong, I'm still having trouble

irishwolf

Unread post by irishwolf » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:42 am

I think this will work, number tables 1 to 10, and number players 1 to 40. 1, 5, 9, 13, 17, 21, 25, 29, 33, 37 are at the head of each table. Odd 3 starts off playing odd at each table. A & B vs C & D. Then A always is permanent at each table 1. When finished game, B moves up one to table 2, player D moves down to table 10 to play with A(moving in reverse), player C now plays with B coming to his new table. So C always stays to play at the same with and against A. After two games, moves up a table when done.

This the short version but it will work, no player can play with the same player.

irishwolf

Unread post by irishwolf » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:47 am

Oops, scratch that post, try this:

Number tables 1 to 10. Start out with A & B vs C & D at each table. Then A always is permanent at each table 1, stationary. When finished with game 1, B moves up one to table 2, player D moves down to table 10 to play with A(moving in reverse), player C now plays with B coming to his new table. So C always stays to play at the same table with and against A. After two games, C moves up a table.

This the short version but it will work, no player can play with the same player.

Tbolt65

Unread post by Tbolt65 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:47 am

bellamy0707 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:06 pm
Hey everyone,
I'm new to this site, so please excuse me if this isn't the proper use of forum. I am hosting a tournament with friends and family. In years past I have manually created a progressive schedule for as many as 32 players. It takes a while to do, and isn't perfect, but has worked well before.
This year it looks like we will have either 36 or 40 players. I wondered if anyone here knew of a schedule generator for 36 or 40 players that doesn't duplicate partners, and ideally mixes up opponents as well.
We will play 10 rounds. If anyone can point me in the right direction, or has a schedule that they have used that worked well, I'd love some advice
Thanks!
Jesse
I'm on my phone but search for . Euchre pairing or euchre rotation charts and you will find sites that have it all worked out. That should help you out. I would link ir but again I'm on my phone.

Side note:

Why do a progressive euchre? Just play a regular game to 10 or 11. Playing 8 hands per round for 10 rounds will take the same amount of time as regular games for the most part. Plus it's euchre how it should be played.

Welcome to the site. There is a lot of good info here. Don't be shy or afraid to ask questions.

Tbolt65
Edward