Frequently Asked Questions

Please read here before posting
Dlan
Site Admin

Frequently Asked Questions

Unread post by Dlan » Sat May 19, 2018 4:27 pm

How do I post a topic in a forum?
You need to be registered and logged-in first. From the ‘Main Index’ click on the area most appropriate for your post. Here you will be able to create a new topic.
To respond to a existing topic, click on the topic name then click ‘Post Reply’ You can also create or vote in polls, etc.

How do I edit or delete a post?
You can edit a post by clicking the edit button for the relevant post. You can only edit or delete your own posts. If someone has already replied to the post, you will find a small piece of text output below the post when you return to the topic which lists the number of times you edited it along with the date and time. This will only appear if someone has made a reply.

Why does my post need to be approved?

Only the first 3 posts of new members need approval. This helps keep the spam and junk posts off the site

Can I post images?
Yes, images can be shown in your posts. You are able to upload the image to the board. . To display the image use the BBCode [img] tag.

How do I create a poll?
When posting a new topic or editing the first post of a topic, click the “Poll creation” tab below the main posting form; Enter a title and at least two options in the appropriate fields, making sure each option is on a separate line in the textarea. You can also set the number of options users may select during voting under “Options per user”, a time limit in days for the poll (0 for infinite duration) and lastly the option to allow users to amend their votes.

How do I edit or delete a poll?
As with posts, polls can only be edited by the original poster. To edit a poll, click to edit the first post in the topic; this always has the poll associated with it. If no one has cast a vote, users can delete the poll or edit any poll option. However, if members have already placed votes, only moderators or administrators can edit or delete it. This prevents the poll’s options from being changed mid-way through a poll.

What are Smilies? :D
Smilies, or Emoticons, are small images which can be used to express a feeling using a short code, e.g. :) denotes happy, while :( denotes sad. The full list of emoticons can be seen in the posting form. Try not to overuse smilies, however, as they can quickly render a post unreadable and a moderator may edit them out or remove the post altogether. The board administrator may also have set a limit to the number of smilies you may use within a post.

What is the “Save Draft” button for in topic posting?
This allows you to save passages to be completed and submitted at a later date. To reload a saved passage, visit your ‘User Control Panel’. Listed under your name at the top right of each page

What is the “subscribe forum” button for?
Is allows you to receive an email when there is a new post for that topic

I’ve lost my password!
Don’t panic! While your password cannot be retrieved, it can easily be reset. Visit the login page and click I’ve forgotten my password. Follow the instructions and you should be able to log in again shortly.

I registered but cannot login!
First, check your username and password. If they are correct, then one of two things may have happened. During registration, you will have to follow the instructions you received by email. If you did not receive an e-mail, you may have provided an incorrect e-mail address or the e-mail may have been picked up by a spam filer. If you are sure the e-mail address you provided is correct, try contacting an administrator.

Why did I receive a warning?
If you have broken a rule, you may be issued a warning. Please note that this is the board administrator’s decision, and the phpBB Group has nothing to do with the warnings on the given site. Contact the board administrator if you are unsure about why you were issued a warning.

I keep getting unwanted private messages!
You can block a user from sending you private messages by using message rules within your User Control Panel. If you are receiving abusive private messages from a particular user, inform a board administrator; they have the power to prevent a user from sending private messages.

I’ve lost my password!
Don’t panic! While your password cannot be retrieved, it can easily be reset. Visit the login page and click I’ve forgotten my password. Follow the instructions and you should be able to log in again shortly.

I'm registered but cannot login!
First, check to see if your username and password was entered correctly. If you were sent an e-mail, did you complete the registration process? If you did not receive an e-mail, you may have provided an incorrect e-mail address or the e-mail may be in your spam folder. If you are sure the e-mail address you provided is correct, contact the administrator.

How do I change my settings?
If you are a registered user, all your settings are stored in the board database. To alter them, visit your User Control Panel ( UCP ) be found at the top of board pages. This system will allow you to change all your settings and preferences.

How do I show an image along with my username?
Known as an avatar, they are generally unique or personal to each user. More information is found in your User Control Panel.

How do I add a signature to my post?
To add a signature to a post you must first create one via your User Control Panel. Once created, you can check the Attach a signature box on the posting form to add your signature. You can also add a signature by default to all your posts by checking the appropriate radio button in your profile.

The times are not correct!
It is possible the time displayed is from a time zone different from the one you are in. If this is the case, visit your User Control Panel and change your time zone to match your particular area, e.g. London, Paris, New York, Sydney, etc.