@Westley

The place to relax, unwind, share a joke, and generally goof off.
Just keep in mind this is a family-friendly site - KEEP it clean
coolguy69

@Westley

Unread post by coolguy69 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:55 pm

Dearest Westley,

I did not get your call.

The Euchre Gods do not wish for us to have contact. But I'm not giving up.

Please post the vegan mac and cheese recipe on this thread.

thank you :)

Wes (aka the legend)

Unread post by Wes (aka the legend) » Fri May 05, 2023 2:47 pm

My whole food plant based Mac & Cheese Recipe:

I eat this at least once a week. I love it and it's super easy to make once you have all the ingredients. Basically just throw a bunch of stuff in a blender. Boom. Sauce. And anybody can boil noodles.

Put all these ingredients into a high speed blender (I use a blendtec):

1.5 cups of unsweetened organic soymilk (Westsoy or Edensoy are my favorite brands)

¼ cup nutritional yeast

¼ cup organic cashew butter (Artisana Organics is my favorite one)

¼ container garlic & herb treeline cheese (Whole Foods, Natural Grocers or order online)

¼ cup organic mashed potatoes roasted garlic mix (Edward & Sons is the brand I order on Amazon)

1 tb distilled white vinegar
1 tb lemon juice

1 ts organic white mellow miso (I forgot where I bought it. Either Whole Foods or Natural Grocers)

1 ts Bragg liquid aminos
1 ts garlic powder
1 ts onion powder
1 ts paprika
½ ts smoked paprika
½ black pepper

¼ ts chimichurri (I can only find this at Whole Foods or I assume you can order online)

¼ ts adobo seasoning
¼ ts turmeric
1/8 ts cayenne pepper

Bonus: While the pasta is boiling, chop up some shallots, put them in a pan and sauté them in mushroom broth until they are translucent (approx 5 to 10 min) then pour that in the blender also. Adds more flavor!

Blend all of the above up on high speed for 60 seconds. Done. This is enough sauce for 1LB of pasta.

Assuming your noodles are cooked, drained and back in the pan, pour the sauce over the noodles, stir and enjoy! (use whole grain noodles or pasta made out of lentils, beans or some other whole food). If it's not hot enough put stove on medium heat and stir in pan for a few minutes. Bonus: Microwave some frozen broccoli, add that to your pasta to make it even healthier.

Once on the plate I add my favorite seasoning: Spicy Sesame Garlic Crunch. You can only find it at Whole Foods.