LIFE'S TOUGH - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

The place to relax, unwind, share a joke, and generally goof off.
Just keep in mind this is a family-friendly site - KEEP it clean
irishwolf

LIFE'S TOUGH - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Unread post by irishwolf » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:28 pm

LIFE IS TOUGH! - ANTHONY HOPKINS

2022 was a tough and difficult Year for the America.

This is about Life in general and some comments that Anthony Hopkins made that I think are worth repeating for anyone out there struggling making ends meet, or drugs, or alcoholism, depressed for whatever reason . . .

"Anthony Hopkins celebrated a big milestone on Thursday as marked 47 years of sobriety. The Oscar-winning actor reflected on his battle with alcoholism [life's difficulties - my emphasis] in an inspiring video message and urged people to seek help if they are struggling. Hopkins, who turns 85 on Saturday, said getting sober saved his life."

"This is a message not meant to be heavy, but I hope helpful. I am a recovering alcoholic. And to you out there — I know there are people struggling. In this day and age of cancel and hatred and non-compromise, children being bullied, I say... Be kind to yourself. Be kind. Stay out of the circle of toxicity with people, if they offend you. Live your life. Be proud of your life."

Hopkins continued, "Forty seven years ago I was in a desperate situation, in despair and probably not long to live. I just had to acknowledge one day that there was something really wrong with me. I didn't realize that it was a kind of condition — mental, physical, emotional condition called alcoholism, or addiction."

He continued, "I'm not an expert on drugs, I'm not an expert on anything. I know nothing. Except I have found a life where no one bullies me."

"He encouraged his young followers to "be proud of yourself."

"Don't let yourself be put down. Depression is part of being alive, sometimes as is anxiety. Life is tough. But if you need help with any addiction or problem, talk to someone. Talk to someone you respect,[get help] . . . It doesn't cost a thing, but it [may] give you a whole new life."

Hopkins noted he's no "do-gooder" but rather "an old sinner, like everyone
."

Don't take yourself too seriously and laugh about something everyday!
It's good for the soul!

HAPPY NEW YEAR - to all!

May 2023 be the best year of your life!

IRISH

irishwolf

Unread post by irishwolf » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:17 am

HAPPY NEW YEAR - to all!

May 2023 be the best year of your life!

Well, 2023 did not live up to being the best year of my life! Wife had back surgery and I found out just how much work she did on a daily basis: scooping cat poop, vacuuming, cooking, paying bills and much more. And the grandkids calling me to fix their car (their Dad a dead-beat Dad), and just getting older - NOTHING WORKS AS IT SHOULD! So take note there, if you are going to do anything do it before you turn 60!

However, there is a New Year coming and I remember the words of Anthony, "Depression is part of being alive, sometimes as is anxiety. Life is tough. But if you need help with any addiction or problem, talk to someone."

At least Inflation and gas prices are down!

Maybe 2024 will be better!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!