Fairly experienced player needing help

A euchre forum, which focuses mainly on the advanced strategies and statistics used by experienced players, can be a little overwhelming to a new player.
We are here to help.
XaviRonaldo

Fairly experienced player needing help

Unread post by XaviRonaldo » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:18 am

I know many of you don't play of euchre 3D but since seemingly on a skyrocket to 2700+ rating in January I plateued for a couple of months which is normal but since then I've been in steady decline and since the start of July I've plummeted 300 points. I even peaked well inside the top 40 rankings at one point. I honestly don't know how my game has changed from my play that saw me very rarely drop significant rating points. But, the drop speaks for itself. I'm obviously doing something majorly wrong. I absolutely used to breeze through the low 2000 rating players and now the rankings overall have higher ratings so players at that rating aren't as good as they used to be yet I don't even think I'm winning half my games.

What do you you think could be causing this?

Dlan
Site Admin

Unread post by Dlan » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:49 pm

Join one of our online games on Monday or Friday. Games are saved for later review. miss-plays are posted to the forum, but the names of the players involved aren't revealed.

Richardb02

Unread post by Richardb02 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:33 pm

Dlan wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:49 pm
Join one of our online games on Monday or Friday. Games are saved for later review. miss-plays are posted to the forum, but the names of the players involved aren't revealed.
I cannot agree more. Sign up and play quality Euchre Monday or Friday nights with OE players. Focus on improving your game as opposed to focusing on ranking. It is then easy to save the games and post the entire game and address your questions on the OE forum.

Here is my experience with WoCG rankings. You start at 1500. I went down to 1300 and then up to 1900. I have ranged from that 1300 low to 2000. I have been hovering between 1600 and 1800 for a significant period of time. There are some nuances to various websites! Players that play crazy number of games on one site are aware of those nuances and inflate their rankings. Unfortunately that can deflate your ranking. Forgetaboutit! Focus on being a better player. Cya at the OE table.