Errors on the Site

Your thoughts about OhioEuchre. How can we improve? Let us know
RedDuke

Errors on the Site

Unread post by RedDuke » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:59 am

I found a couple errors on this page: https://ohioeuchre.com/L-Learn_To_Play_Euchre_Lesson-10-AdvancedPlayExamples3.php

In example 1, you state this:
Would you overtrump trump the queen? Holding the left - ace already assures your team that your opponents won't make two points on this hand. Is there a possible way to euchre them? This is the perfect opportunity to rid your hand of an unneeded card, the 9 of diamonds. Your team has one trick and you hold a second one in your hand. If your partner can get a trick, it's euchre time.
This is in reference to North's hand. However, North is not holding Left-Ace. He is holding Left-10 with an ace in next. Hearts is trump in this example. The overall concept is correct (the guarded left being a guaranteed trick) but the play-by-play confuses the ace of next with the ace of trump.

In example 2, you state this:
Now West, seeing that the maker just threw off a diamond, leads back the 9 of diamonds. The maker(S) takes the trick with the ace. The maker's next lead is the ace of clubs. The hope of course, is to have it go through. If not, it will draw out some trump. The ace does walk. This gives the maker's team their first trick.
West does not lead the 9 of diamonds in this example. East does. East took the previous trick by trumping his partner's ace.

These are both minor errors and the overall concepts are easily understandable but it may be a good idea to further improve understanding by fixing them.

Dlan
Site Admin

Unread post by Dlan » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:34 am

Thanks for point that out.
I have corrected those errors and while I there, made a couple of other changes.

Camo

Unread post by Camo » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:54 pm

I am just on my second day of learning euchre but I think I’ve found a couple of errors and I hope this is the correct place to report them (by adding on to this forum topic). If not please let advise and thank you for building all these lessons and examples.
On the Three Trump Two suit hand page 1 example there is an error. “It says West trumps in with the Ace”. That should say “East” since West has already played the 10 of Hearts.
On the Three Trump Two hand suit page 2 example I think there is an error.
The wording says ” Two tricks secure with four trump played.” And then the next sentence says “OK, you now know that five trump have been played”. That should say four not five.

Dlan
Site Admin

Unread post by Dlan » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:23 am

Thanks for pointing these errors out. I'm currently trying to recover from a complete mother board failure. Once I get new system and software complete, I will take care of these, along with the other reported problems.

Camo

Unread post by Camo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:19 pm

Another possible error ?
In Lesson 5 it says ….
If you do not hold a bower, lead a small trump. If you hold a couple of trump, it's usually best to lead your highest trump.

The first sentence implies that you have a couple of small trump to choose from and you should lead a small one. The next sentence seems to contradict that and says if you do have a couple of small trump you should lead the highest trump.

Unless I totally miss-understand the first sentence I think that second sentence should say “lead your lowest trump”?
Thank you.
PS…. Good luck with the PC replacement.

Dlan
Site Admin

Unread post by Dlan » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:58 pm

:) Fixed